This bridge is a national historic place, spanning the Snake River between Twin Falls and Gooding counties on Old Highway 30.
Owsley Bridge is 430 feet long and was originally constructed in 1921 for what was then a whopping $127,000. It’s the only continuous cantilevered through-truss on the state highway system, and according to the Idaho State Historical Society, it’s one of the very few cantilevered structures of any kind in the state. When it opened in 1921, businesses in Hagerman and Buhl closed for the day and the communities through a massive celebration. It was registered on the National Register of Historic Places in 1998 to commemorate its importance in Idaho’s early transportation infrastructure.