Christmas City, USA
The most wonderful time of year is just around the corner, and a great way to kick off the holidays is by attending Rupert’s Christmas Festival! Rupert is known as “Christmas City, USA, because of their spirit for the holidays and this lovely multi-day event!
The Rupert Christmas Festival is a reoccurring celebration at the gorgeous outdoor location of the Rupert City Square. Santa will light the entire square the day after Thanksgiving. The festivities then continue for the next two weekends every year.
The Rupert Christmas Festival is multiple nights of fun! It begins with the Christmas City Square Lighting and Chili Feed. Enjoy chili, cinnamon rolls, hot cocoa and coffee. Santa will be making an appearance to light “Christmas City.” There will be a firework show after Santa arrives and lights the Christmas tree. Enjoy the live Christmas Carolers and an extremely beautiful firework show over the Historic Wilson Theatre.
The Christmas Market will be open multiple dates. Shop, eat, mingle, and make memories with the ones you love. Wander through quaint market shops in search of sweet and savory treats, personalized gifts, exclusive décor and toys. The Christmas Market is perfect to get ahead of holiday shopping, and support local business! Each gift you get here will be unique for the recipient, plus it’ll make a local family do a little happy dance.
To wrap up the year come to the Rupert Square! December 31st from 6PM-Midnight is the celebration to wrap up the year. Watch a beautiful beet fall from the sky and wish everyone a happy New Year!
Things to know:
- It can get chilly, so be sure to bring hats, gloves, blankets, etc.
- Bring cash just in case your favorite vendor doesn’t take card.
- Parking is minimal, so you may have to park a little ways from Rupert City Square. Bring comfy shoes to walk around.
- The Historic Drift Inn, located on the corner of the Rupert Square, sells out before the event, so reserve your hotel today! There are great places to stay in Burley that aren’t far away as well as some Airbnbs near Rupert/Burley.
- Henry’s at the Drift Inn serves dinner throughout the festival. Reserve your table ahead of time!