Christmas City, USA
The most wonderful time of year is just around the corner, and a great way to kick off the holidays is by attending Rupert’s Christmas Festival! Rupert is known as “Christmas City, USA, because of their spirit for the holidays and this lovely multi-day event!
The Rupert Christmas Festival is a reoccurring celebration at the gorgeous outdoor location of the Rupert City Square. The Rupert Square is fit to hold many people, and provides space to practice social distancing. If you are at risk, please wear a mask to be safe at this event! If you are sick please stay home.
The Rupert Christmas Festival is multiple nights of fun! It begins with the Christmas City Square Lighting and Chili Feed on November 25th 5-9PM. Enjoy chili, cinnamon rolls, hot cocoa and coffee. Santa will be making an appearance to light “Christmas City” at 7PM. There will be a firework show after Santa arrives and lights the Christmas tree. Enjoy the live Christmas Carolers and an extremely beautiful firework show over the Historic Wilson Theatre.
The Christmas Market will be open multiple dates. November 25th-26th and December 2nd-3rd. Fridays are open 5PM-9PM and Saturdays are open 12PM-9PM. Shop, eat, mingle, and make memories with the ones you love. Wander through quaint market shops in search of sweet and savory treats, personalized gifts, exclusive décor and toys. The Christmas Market is perfect to get ahead of holiday shopping, and support local business! Each gift you get here will be unique for the recipient, plus it’ll make a local family do a little happy dance.
Enjoy a classic Christmas movie December 3rd at 2:00 PM and 7:00 PM at the Wilson Theatre! A cookie decorating class is also available for sign up December 8th at 6PM. Other events include a Live Nativity December 1st-2nd from 6PM-8PM, Holiday Hayride on December 2nd and 3rd from 5PM- 9PM, and various vocal performances. To wrap up the year come to the Rupert Square! December 31st from 6PM-Midnight is the celebration to wrap up 2022. Watch a beautiful beet fall from the sky and wish everyone a happy New Year!
Things to know:
- It can get chilly, so be sure to bring hats, gloves, blankets, etc.
- Bring cash just in case your favorite vendor doesn’t take card.
- Parking is minimal, so you may have to park a little ways from Rupert City Square. Bring comfy shoes to walk around.
- The Historic Drift Inn, located on the corner of the Rupert Square, sells out before the event, so reserve your hotel today! There are great places to stay in Burley that aren’t far away as well as some Airbnbs near Rupert/Burley.
- Henry’s at the Drift Inn serves dinner throughout the festival. Reserve your table ahead of time!