Southern Idaho’s rich farmland offers up an assortment of riches in the late summer and early fall. You can easily spend a weekend picking apples and raspberries or browsing tables full of plums and pumpkins at a local farmers market. Of course, you can always leave Southern Idaho’s bounty in the hands of the experts: Local chefs turn our regional produce into delicious seasonal offerings.
Our farmland is what makes the Magic Valley truly magic, and now is the time to feast!
Pick Your Own Produce
Ready to get your hands dirty? These pick-your-own produce farms offer easy access to some of Southern Idaho’s best fruits and vegetables.
- Patton Farms. Pick your own berries, corn, pumpkins, and more. Visit the farm’s Facebook page or call 208-539-7498 to find out which fruits and vegetables are at their peak. 1706 E 2350 S, Gooding.
- CJ Berries. CJ Berries offers you the opportunity to pick your own raspberries in the fall (they’ll pick them for you for a slightly higher price). Visit the farm’s Facebook page or call 316-2677 for more information. 3537 N 3185 E, Twin Falls.
- Kelley’s Canyon Orchard. This longtime family orchard features peaches and nectarines in late August and many varieties of apples from September through October. Visit their website or get the latest updates on their Facebook page. 1903 River Road, Buhl.
- Northview Orchard. Fall is a great time for pears and apples at this orchard in Buhl. Get more details about what is available and in season on Northview Orchard’s Facebook page or call 208-543-6083. 1826 E 4500, Buhl.
- Tubb’s Berry Farm. This small family farm serves up late-summer berries and much more, and features a pumpkin patch and corn maze in the fall. Pick up a bottle of fresh honey from the farm’s bees while you’re there. Get more information, including you-pick hours (which are by appointment only), on the farm’s Facebook page or its website. 1150 SouthPark Avenue West, Twin Falls.
Feast at a Farmers Market
Farmers markets bring the best produce together in one central location.
- Buhl Senior Center Wednesday Farmers Market. Catch this farmer’s market from mid-July through the end of September. You’ll find local growers and vendors and crafters, artisans, and food producers on hand. 4-6 p.m. Wednesdays, 1010 Main Street, Buhl. Call 208-543-4577 for more information.
- Twin Falls Farmers Market. You’ll find more than 50 vendors selling products at this weekly farmer’s market, featuring everything from fruits and vegetables to fresh meat and homemade jams. The market runs from early May to the end of October. 9 a.m. 1 p.m. Saturdays, 611 N. College Road, Twin Falls.
Check the Out On Facebook
- Lincoln County Crossroads Farmers Market. This market, featuring local produce and wares, is up and running from mid-June through mid-October. 2-6 p.m. Thursdays, 111 W B Street, Shoshone. Visit us on Facebook.
- Jerome Farmers Market. Located near the historic Mountain View Barn, this market is a haven for local growers, artisans, crafters, bakers, and food vendors. The market runs from mid-June through mid-October. You can find more information (and recipes) on the market’s website. 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Saturdays, 382 E 300 S, Jerome. Check us out on Facebook.
- Gooding Farmers Market. You’ll find plenty of local produce and handmade crafts at this farmer’s market, which runs from 3-7 p.m. Tuesdays. Main Street across from the LDS church, Gooding. Visit our Facebook Page.
- Sprouts Farmers Marketplace. This food stand has an ever-changing variety of fresh, local fruits and vegetables from a 20-acre family farm in Buhl — not to mention Cloverleaf Creamery products. Check out their Facebook page to find out what’s in season (and discover delicious recipes). Monday-Saturday, 9 a.m.-6 p.m. 1705 Grandview Drive North, Twin Falls.
Eat Local (Even When You’re Dining Out)
These Southern Idaho restaurants make the most of seasonal offerings from local farms and producers.
- Elevation 486, 195 River Vista Place, Twin Falls.
- Jaker’s Bar & Grill, 1598 Blue Lakes Boulevard North, Twin Falls.
- Magic Valley Brewing, 208 Broadway Avenue North, Buhl.
- Snake River Grill, 611 Frogs Landing, Hagerman.
- Henry’s at the Drift Inn, 545 F Street, Rupert.
- Canyon Crest Dining and Event Center, 330 Canyon Crest Drive, Twin Falls.